Discovering the Best Florida Vacation Spots
Florida's convenient location and fantastic climate make it an ideal vacation
destination for family vacations, reunions and weekend getaways. It is easy to get
around Florida, with rental cars easy to come by and reasonably priced. Accommodations are plentiful, ranging from affordable hotels, to quaint bed and breakfasts in historic homes and oceanfront resorts offering every conceivable type of activity and amenities.
Florida, called the Sunshine State, is a year-round destination. Florida is the place to travel to if you're looking for fun in the sun and a wealth of opportunities to experience. Swim with the dolphins or ride on action filled roller coasters, for experiences like you will find only in Florida!
Places To Visit
Orlando is perfect for a activity filled family vacation. Home to Walt Disney World, SeaWorld and Universal Studios. Orlando is one of Florida's main attractions...but it is only the beginning. Other popular attractions are wildlife and botanical gardens. You will find Florida's rich history reflected in the monuments, museums, homes and forts located in different cities of the state.
The St. Petersburg/Clearwater area provides plenty of attractions that appeal to children. The Florida Keys are full of wet, wild and wonderful activities sure to please kids of all ages. Families looking for a space filled adventure will find the perfect vacation on the Space Coast.
For casual, island-style family fun, stay in a cozy cottage on Anna Maria Island. Families can travel north to visit Pensacola’s Dinosaur Adventure Land. This park features a museum, park and science center, each of which offers unique activities designed to please all ages. Florida has everything for families wanting to have lots of fun together.
Looking for Florida Family Vacation Packages?
1. Figure out what type Florida vacation your family wants. Does everyone want to relax on the beach, visit a theme park, swim at a water park, go shopping, or something more adventurous.
2. Decide on how you are getting to your Florida destination. Is it close enough to drive, or will you have to travel by plane?
3. Once you have narrowed down your choices to a couple of Florida vacation spots, find out more about each destination by requesting a travel guide or visiting the official website for that city.
4. When you have decided on where to go, next decision is where to stay. Check out the hotels and resort options in the area. Find out if they offer kids programs, and ask about other family friendly options such as swimming pools, restaurants, shuttle buses to various sightseeing places and type of rooms available. Some hotels / resorts offer family suites. Find the best deal, compare prices and read what other travelers have to say about hotels in Florida at Tripadvisor.com.
5. Set your budget. Plan ahead of time the activities your family will want to do. This way you can get a true idea of what expenses you need to budget for.
6. Make your reservations for hotel room, rental car, airfare etc. Ask for confirmations and reconfirm 24 hours prior to departure.
7. Plan lots of family fun time. After all this is what family vacations are all about. Just don't over schedule your time. Make time for relaxing by the pool or taking leisurely strolls on the beach!
How to find the best Florida family hotel.